- Laser skin resurfacing is a way that helps incomplete reduction of your acne scar marks, age spots, wrinkles, blemishes.
- It also helps in maintaining a good tone and tightening up your skin.
- Laser is well appreciated in the month of autumn as it is said that laser-sensitive skin is hypersensitive to sunlight.
- It is always recommended to apply SPF 30 sunscreen daily on the skin to cover up the ill effects of the sun.
FEEL OF TREATMENT
- Depends mostly on the type of laser being used, depth and area of treatment, and patient tolerance level of pain.
TYPES OF LASER
- Deeper ablative lasers which help in targeting the outer layer of skin require local anesthesia injections.
- They are mostly CO2 lasers( AcuPulse by lumens, CO2RE by candela .)
- Erbium YAG laser promotes collagen remodeling.
- Nonablative lasers where a layer of skin is not removed is done with only topical numbing cream
- They are pulsed Dye( V Beam Perfecta by candela), ND, YAG, and Alexandrite laser.
- Fractional lasers like fractora by in mode can be ablative or nonablative.
- Intense pulsed light laser such as vasculaze by in mode is used to treat sun damage.
BEST SKIN TYPE
- It is claimed by physicians that laser can be used for all skin types of clients such as African, American, Asian, etc.
- Patients who are more prone to have fever blisters, cold sores may induce breakouts.
- People on isotretinoin injections have experienced delayed healing.
- Aspirin intake causes post-procedure bleeding.
- Smoking to be avoided before and after treatment for almost 3 weeks.
INDICATIONS OF LASERS
- CO2 lasers are used for scars, warts wrinkles, skin flaws.
- Erbium lasers are used for fine line wrinkles, loose skin, age spots.
- Pulsed Dye lasers are used for hyperpigmentation, rosacea.
- Fractional lasers are used in cases of blemishes.
- Intense pulsed light lasers are used in cases of sun damage, vascular lesions, acne, rosacea.
A number of sittings are recommended.
- It is said that a series of treatments depends on the type of problem like nonablative lasers requiring multiple sessions for satisfactory results.
- The time required for one treatment depends mostly on the healing process.
- Ablative lasers require 3 weeks depending on the depth before the new skin has healed completely to reach up the final stage.